Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP)
We administer the Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP), which provides discounted health care services to low-income people and families. CICP is not a health insurance program. Discounted health care services are provided by Colorado hospitals and clinics that participate in the CICP.
- People legally residing in Colorado
- People who meet income and resource guidelines
- People who are not eligible for Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) or Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
- People who are covered by Medicare or who have other health insurance may be eligible for CICP.
Examples of CICP approximate income limits:
|Family Size||Approximate Annual Income||Approximate Monthly Income|
|1||up to $31,900||up to $2,658|
|2||up to $43,100||up to $3,592|
|3||up to $54,300||up to $4,525|
|4||up to $65,500||up to $5,458|
How To Apply
- You must provide personal identification, household income and resource information for you and your family.
- You may call a participating CICP provider to schedule an appointment to complete the application process.
- To find hospitals and clinics that participate in the CICP, see the CICP Provider Directory or call (toll free) 1-800-221-3943 / State Relay: 711.
Benefits and Services
- Emergency care is discounted at hospitals that participate in the CICP.
- Since CICP is not health insurance, medical services discounted under CICP may be different at each participating hospital or clinic.
- Some providers may discount urgent care, inpatient hospital care, primary care and prescription drugs.
- All applications must be completed within 90 days of the date of service.
What Does CICP Cost?
- You are responsible for co-payments for services you receive.
- Co-payments will vary depending on the medical services you receive.
- Your family’s income and resources determine what you pay.
- You are responsible for medical services or tests not discounted by your CICP provider.
- Your CICP discount only applies to services received by a qualified CICP provider.
- Your CICP discount applies after any health insurance you might have.
- You pay the lower of remaining charges that your health insurance does not cover, or the CICP co-payment, whichever amount is lower.
Does CICP Count As Health Insurance?
No, CICP is not health insurance program. As of 2014, if you or your family are currently enrolled in CICP, you might now be eligible for Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program). You can find out if you qualify for Health First Colorado, Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+), or other programs like food assistance by visiting our How to Apply page or by calling toll free: 1-800-221-3943 / State Relay: 711.
Where Can I Find Out About Other Health Insurance Options?
You or your family may qualify for discounted health insurance coverage purchased through the Connect for Health Colorado marketplace. To find out more, or call toll free: 1-855-PLANS4YOU (855-752-6749) or TDD: 1-855-346-3432.
If you have more questions about CICP please contact the Health First Colorado Member Contact Center.