Governor Polis Signs Bills Into Law
DENVER - Following the Special Session of the 72nd General Assembly, Governor Jared Polis signed nine bills into law. This legislation provides broad relief to those impacted by COVID-19.
“We took immediate bipartisan action here in Colorado to provide relief to our small businesses, childcare providers and hardworking families. We will all continue to face challenges in the weeks and months ahead and we urge Washington to step up and provide real relief to the people who need it most,” said Governor Jared Polis. “There is light at the end of the tunnel. I thank state lawmakers and legislative leadership for their collaboration and I’m proud we could come together to ensure we can build back stronger than before.”
The Governor signed the following:
- , Qualified Retailer Retain Sales Tax For Assistance - Sponsored by Representatives A. Valdez & Van Winkle, Senators Bridges & Tate
- , Local Authority To Impose Food Delivery Fee Restrictions - Sponsored by Representative Bird, Senator Rodriguez, Senator Tate
- , Insurance Premium Tax Payments And Credits - Sponsored by Representative Arndt, Senator Zenzinger
- , COVID-19 Relief Small And Minority Businesses Arts Organizations - Sponsored by Senators Winter & Priola, Representatives Herod & Sandridge
- , Food Pantry Assistance Grant Program - Sponsored by Representatives Cutter & Bockenfeld, Senators Story & Hisey
- , Money For Energy Utility Bill Payment Assistance - Sponsored by Senators Fields & Crowder, Representatives Duran & Landgraf
- , Housing And Direct COVID Emergency Assistance - Sponsored by Senators Gonzales & Holbert, Representatives Exum & Tipper
- , Grants To Improve Internet Access In P-12 Education - Sponsored by Representatives Young & Soper, Senators Donovan & Coram
- , Emergency Relief Programs For Child Care Sector - Sponsored by Representatives Kipp & Landgraf, Senators Pettersen & Sonnenberg
View the bill signings , and .